Research Assistant, University of Reading – School of Construction Management & Engineering
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to work on improving knowledge and understanding of peak electricity demand based on analysis of time use data and activities related to energy demand.
The individual will join Dr Torriti in carrying out research on flexible residential electricity demand as part of the EPSRC funded Fellowship ‘Residential Electricity Demand: Peaks, Sequences of Activities and Markov chains’ (REDPeAk).
The role will involve some of the following tasks:
- Designing and undertaking statistical analysis of time use data.
- Preparation of conference and journal research outputs.
- Conducting impact activities.
- Carrying out the following project-related tasks: (i) drawing time-related activity profiles for all households; (ii) estimating peak occupancy variance and entropy index measurements; (iii) mining the most frequent sequences of activities at periods of peak electricity demand; (iv) gathering data on key parameters; and (v) building activity schemes.
- Maintenance of project website and social media.
- Liaising with potential research ‘users’.
- Organising, attending and taking minutes of advisory group meetings.
- Organising and attending project’s impact activities.
- Organising project’s workshops.
- Developing project network and disseminate findings.
You will have:
- Knowledge of basic modelling and/or quantitative skills working with large spreadsheets.
- Strong track record of educational achievement.
- Doctorate in relevant discipline.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Associate Professor
Contact name: Dr Jacopo Torriti
Contact phone: 0118 378 8196
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on the 25 April 2017