- 180g of plain white flour
- 30g of icing sugar
- 150g of butter
- 6 eggs
- 200g of caster sugar
- 2 small spoons of finely grated lemon zest
- 250 ml of lemon juice (4 lemons or more)
- 60g of plain white flour
Butter a 20x30cm rectangular baking tin: Grate the zest and press the lemons in a little bowl: Preheat the oven at 170°C Pastry:
- In a big bowl, mix the flour and the sugar.
- Add the butter in little cubes to the flour and sugar mixture.
- With your fingertips, mix it into crumbs.
- Spread the pastry in the baking tin.
- Put it to cook in the oven for 25min, until it turns blond and firm.
- Let it cool down, and turn down the oven to 160°C.
- In a big bowl, whip the eggs and the sugar for 3-4min, until it turns white.
- Add the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the flour gently.
- Stir in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture on the pastry.
- Put the cake back into the oven, for 45min.
- After 25min of cooking, cover the bakery tin with a sheet of aluminium foil.