Visiting Students and Academics
The DEMAND Centre welcomes visitors from other institutions. Read what our previous visitors have to say about their visit to DEMAND.
Visitors may be students (registered for a PhD at another university), post-doctoral researchers or established members of the academic community. The fee arrangements described below give visitors access to high quality office space, and to computing and library facilities as well as the opportunity to meet DEMAND staff and participate in relevant events, workshops and seminars.
How to Apply
If you are interested in visiting the DEMAND Centre please get in touch. The bench fee is £200/month.
If you are interested in visiting the DEMAND Centre, please email in the first instance, with a current curriculum vitae, a brief research statement, details of when you want to visit (up to 6 months) and a paragraph explaining what you would hope to gain from visiting DEMAND.
If you are accepted, fees will apply pro-rata. Current fee levels are £4121 per year, more information is available from the Student Registry. The fees must be paid upon registration with the Postgraduate Office at the start of your visit.
Once you are accepted you have all the rights and privileges of a postgraduate student at Lancaster including:
- office space within DEMAND
- the right to attend MA courses
- for visiting PhD students: you may be able to take Faculty Research Training Courses
- membership of and borrowing rights from the library
- an email account and access to networked computers
- the right to attend departmental seminars, colloquia and other activities
- supervision by academic staff who has/have agreed to accept you.
Please note that if you wish to attend the MA and Faculty course modules you should time your visit so that it falls during the autumn and the spring terms when the majority of those modules are being taught.